WWF, the global conservation organization, invites applications for:
Availability: Frequent travels (international and local).
1. Purpose of the position
Lead, oversee and supervise the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the conservation program in Peru. This position delivers conservation results and impacts and coordinates the human, technical and financial resources in the Peru office to steer the implementation of WWF´s conservation goals.
Strategic Direction, Program Planning and management:
· Lead the conservation component of the Peru Country Office´s strategic planning activities. Lead the development of an Annual Conservation Plan for the Peru Country Office based on its multiyear Strategic Plan.
· Responsible for leading the development of new projects/programs that address WWF conservation priorities in WWF Peru.
· Responsible for integrating policy considerations into projects and programs as appropriate and in the management of field offices.
· Integrates and establishes joint goals for WWF’s work in Peru with Global initiatives (GI), the Amazon Initiative, the Forest Carbon Initiative, the Market Transformation Initiative, the Smart Fishing Network Initiative and other high priority themes aligned with WWF´s Global Programme Framework (GPF) and liase with WWF US, WWF Brazil and other WWF National organizations NO´s and Program Offices PO´s.
Assist the Country Representative with the management of the Peru Conservation Program with responsibilities for the application of WWF resources (human and financial) in accordance with agreed plans and budgets, as well as, to its approved strategic plan and related portfolio of projects in coordination with the Directors of Operations and Communications.
· Provide support, guidance and supervision to Peru Conservation Program’s, Technical leads and their respective teams to advance the Peru conservation priorities. Provides technical assistance for effective program and project implementation, monitoring and evaluation as needed.
· Develop and lead program monitoring and evaluation of WWF’s conservation projects in Peru, including field supervision of project activities, and proper program and project technical documentation for the office’s data base. Ensure timely and high quality technical reporting from the Peru office to donors, WWF International, and relevant parts of the WWF Network following accepted procedures and formats of WWF and/or external donors.
· In close coordination with Country representative, develop and implement fundraising strategy for the top priority objectives of the Strategic plan in coordination with Peru Technical staff, LAC and the WWF Network relevant teams to ensure that significant financial resources (pipeline) are identified and developed from the Network, Government aid agencies, and private donors to finance conservation activities. This includes cultivating relationships, development of concepts and proposals, negotiating project focus and scope.
Program representation and partnership building:
· Represent the Peru office and at appropriate Regional and International meetings and fora, as needed.
· Develop a network of contacts, and actively seek to build strategic alliances with other International and local NGOs, donors and other potential partners to promote WWF’s conservation program objectives.
· Maintain good relationships with WWF network and external donors, in order to achieve program goals, and actively encourage their continued interest in supporting the Peru Office.
· Represent WWF positions and priorities, and negotiates with relevant stakeholders, including policy makers, government officials, community-based organizations and NGOs. Monitor the development of agreements, memorandum of understanding, programs and work plans with strategic partners. Oversee development of official WWF communications in coordination with Communications Director.
Capacity building of Conservation Program staff:
· Coach and mentor relevant Conservation Program staff and support them in project management, proposal and report writing
· Facilitate the establishment and functioning of informal and formal workspaces to share lessons learned and discuss relevant conservation issues with staff, and, if relevant, with strategic partners and the general public.
· Improve the performance of staff through clear objective setting, ongoing coaching, and periodical feedback
· Plan, organize and, when appropriate, participate in on-site project training to ensure Conservation Program compliance. Provide technical assistance as appropriate
· Performs other duties as requested by the Country Representative.
· Technical proficiency in the conservation field, natural resource management and policy.
· High Degree (PhD or Master) in conservation, natural science, management, international development or a related field.
· Knowledge in a wide variety of ecosystems and knowledge in project life cycle
· At least 10 years professional experience. 3-5 years experience in the region, with particular emphasis in Peru. With demonstrated success in managing multi disciplinary teams.
· Experience working within an international non-governmental organization.
· Excellent command of Spanish and English
· Strong skills in the use for offimatics, planning and M&E
· Ability to conceptualize full program: planning, develop, implement, monitor and share lessons learnt.
· Management skills: team coordination to put together effectively internal teams and resources along with contribution and manage external factors and actors- Strong skills to priorize and identify key information to develop strategies
· Ability to work effectively with others: As local communities and governments and with Peru staff Team player with conflict resolution skills-
· Coordination: Developing partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
· Proven ability to fundraise for large – scale projects.
· Strong interpersonal, good verbal and writing skills.
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills
Interested persons who meet the profile, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org June 03, 2012, stating in the subject: CONSERVATION DIRECTOR.
Fecha: Del 21-05-2012 al 03-06-2012
|OTRAS CONVOCATORIAS VIGENTES AL 13-12-2013|
Del 10-09-2012 al 10-09-2014
Maestría en Agroecología
» ver más
Del 08-03-2013 al 21-12-2013
Consultores: Técnico en Agroecología y Técnido en Comercialización
» ver más
Del 27-11-2013 al 27-05-2014
Diplomado en Valoración Económica de Ecosistemas con Énfasis en Bosques
» ver más
|» ver todas las noticias|
© Copyright 2009. Todos los derechos reservados.
Hecho por: enjoit.com